• Runners will exit the parking lot to the north and turn left onto Liberty Street for about
20 yards before turning right onto the Riverfront Heritage Trail, heading north
• Runners will follow the Trail north across the pedestrian bridge over the Kansas
River, into KCK
• Once across the bridge, runners will continue north crossing North 3rd St., then
making a right, following the sidewalk.
• Runners will continue along the walkway where they will cross the street once again,
and then make a right, crossing the street and following the signs to Kaw Point
• All street crossings will be monitored by Traffic personnel
• Runners will proceed down the bike/pedestrian ramp to the Kaw Point boardwalk
• Runners will make a right off the boardwalk onto the boat ramp, and then do a loop
along the running path in Kaw Point.
• Runners will return to the boardwalk, and proceed back up the ramp, and follow the
same course back to the Finish Line
The dog-friendly run will begin and end at Bar K Dog Bar in the West Bottoms. It will be an out-and-back run along a seldom-used stretch of the scenic Riverfront Heritage Trail, heading west from the West Bottoms over the Kansas River.